Monday, February 28, 2022

Pray for Ukraine



This morning I'm joining my fellow card bloggers on instagram sharing this card ( #cardsforukraine ) in support of Ukraine. I think everyone is feeling weighed down with all that is going on in this world and wish and pray that things would change. I can't imagine what they are going through to be free, and I have felt so helpless as I watch TV and read in horror what is going on their country.

When I sat down to make a few cards for this, my desk was full of dies from Frantic Stamper, as I had been working on the new spring release last week. I had some hearts and butterfly dies out and I thought I would cut them out in the Ukrainian colors, yellow and blue. I grabbed a favorite sentiment from the Positive Vibes stamp set, also from Frantic Stamper.

I chose:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Mahatma Gandhi. 

Good advice. Something we can all do, along with our prayers.

The second card I made using the Prayers die and stamp set from Simon Says. I took a Cheery Lynn sunflower which is the national flower from Ukraine and adhered it to a Frantic Stamper heart. Then I added the sentiment and a few sequins.



I felt some peace after making these cards, knowing that even I can make a difference with my prayers!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Great cards to show your support! I agree, prayers just don't seem enough, but we know God is in control.

Leslie Miller said...

These are two beautiful cards, Laurie. I wish all in Ukraine could know how we support them, even if we can't be there to help.