Thursday, August 7, 2008

New SU Catty

  • Here is a card I just sent to my kids{with a little something tucked inside.} When I first saw this card on stampjourney.typepad.com I knew I would be making several of them! It looks like summer and reminds me of my trip down south to G. A. I have never tasted better lemonade and sweet tea in my life! Of course it WAS at Paula Deens restaurant and who knows how much "shugga" she puts in! {I am a HUGE fan of hers} Tart and Tangy is one of my favorite sets and I find that I reach for it again and again. My friend and I are bringing this card to make at our card club that meets once a month. We all take turns bringing a "shoe box" with all the paper and supplies needed to make a card. We make 5 cards each night and pay a dollar per card to each person who brings the shoe box. Next week is our card night, so I will post the cards we make for you to see. It's a fun night out with friends doing something we all enjoy!

  • Here's the recipe {you can also find it on the link above as I cased it from her site!}
    Paper: SU yoyo yellow 81/2" by 5 1/2"
    Black 5 3/8" by 4 1/8"
    White 5 1/4" by 4"
  • Vellum 3 1/4" by 3 1/2"
Ink: SU black and Yoyo Yellow
Stamps: SU tart and tangy and angel co.
Other: circle punch,SU glue pen and glitter


I have been looking at the new catty all day. This is a great one! I have to say every page has cards and projects I really like. My wish list just grows and grows! Some of my favorites are the stamp sets; Heard from the Heart, Cheers to you, and Upsa Daisey. I love the designer paper Bella Rose, Urban Garden, and Maine Blueberry. I'll need to borrow the stamp set Embrace Life from one of my friends{you know who you are} to use with the Green tea paper. And Ribbon! Gotta have ribbon! My first choices will be the new satin Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood red taffeta. The scallop edge punch is a must and I could go on.....hopefully I will get some sleep tonight and not stay up too late wishing!









Last week some of my friends and I went to a fellow stampers garage sale. What an adventure! We got lost a few times in the boonies,argued a little about which way to go, but finally found it! We packed the trunk full between the 4 of us and there were still lots of stamps left. I can't believe how many stamps she had! If I hadn't been waiting for the new catty....I would have done more damage. When I got home my hair was wild {from riding in the convertible} and I had a stampers glazed look from all the new loot! Here's a picture of some of my loot!

No comments: