Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thankyou card

Hi! Today I made this quick thank you to put in the mail tomorrow. It feels funny to work with these colors after using Christmas colors for so long! But I cleaned up my stamp area and put all my holiday stamps and paper away and looked over my other stamp sets. I like to keep stamps out lying on my desk for inspiration. I also take some and put them in a basket that I know I will be using that month so they are handy for grabbing. Today I stocked my basket with alot of Valentine stamps in it, and a few flowers. For this card though, I started with the paper first, not the stamp. Haiku. Let me explain why. My daughter gave me the CD "IZ, Alone in the World" for Christmas, because I love the song "Over the Rainbow." I've been listening to it all day! {It's played in the last scene of my favorite movie, "50 first dates," and also was on the commercials for "John and Kate plus eight" for when they renewed their wedding vows in Hawaii. It's also in the last scene of "Fred Clause," which is a really cute Christmas movie we watched Christmas night with Vince Vaughn in it. } ANYWAY, the CD really put me in the mood to use Haiku paper. I put it on an old olive card and then stamped the flower on white with tangerine tango ink. I stamped the sentiment with old olive and backed that on old olive card stock. I added a clip that I tied with old olive ribbon and put a pearl in the middle of the flower. Here's the recipe:

Paper: Haiku, white, old olive
Ink: old olive,tangerine tango
Stamps:Flight of the Butterfly, Love it
Other: pearl, clip, old olive ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Thank You cards! I like your New Year's greeting too. Hope yours is the greatest and leaving the driving to the pilot he does know what he's doing!!!! Enjoy with your family.

Rebecca said...

I have that flower...I've never thought to put a pretty pearl on it. I love that idea! I think your thank you card is perfect. I loved hearing that song on the Jon and Kate commercials!!!