Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ornaments


Hi! I am always surprised at how my cards look after I post them. Most of the time they look very close to the actual card. But so often colors are not the same. For this one I was surprised to see how dark the snow flakes are on the ornament. They are much lighter, as I used versamark and clear embossing...so they are actually shiny, too. I don't have a great camera or light box and I'm sure that would help.



This is another of the embossing folders my friend let me use. She got them off a shopping network on TV. They come in a set of six. I've had so many people email me about where they can find them...but I can't be very specific because of the SU demo agreement.



I have some free time this weekend so I'm hoping to get into my cave and make cards with the rest of the folders from the set. I also want to put my Thanksgiving stuff away and dig out Christmas. Brent plans to put up our outside lights today...but we won't get our tree for another week... we still get a real one. I grew up going out in the woods and cutting our own down...we also did that when the kids were small. Now we just got to a local Nursery and buy one!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving..we had a great time as the kids were able to make it home. Here we are:




We managed to still smile {instead of groan} even after all we ate! My favorite dishes were Paula's Sweet Potato Casserole, Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie, and Spinach Salad. I'll be sharing the recipes soon. Well, pretty soon, as I forgot to take pictures so I just may HAVE to make them again!!!




My son survived the Black Friday shopping trip yesterday..it wasn't as busy as other years. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and I just want to say their pulled pork sliders were AWESOME! http://www.buffalowildwings.com/ We did get a few good deals...I didn't make it to a craft store, but there's always next week... as we plan a shopping trip with our daughter.

Have a fun day!

2 comments:

Lorri said...

LOVE your recent projects Laurie! Are you SURE you can't move to AZ? We NEED to be neighbors! We'd make a great team, with our stamping hobby and I'm sure we both have the awesome MN accent! LOL Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

I love this embossing folder. And with that Stampin Up Ornament it is absolutely fantastic! I'm glad you had a great day with your family.