Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rhubarb Bars

I finished my first recipe card for my new recipe book I'm making. Rhubarb Bars. I tried them at work and had to get the recipe...the shortbread crust is wonderful! I used to have a huge rhubarb plant but somehow over the years it just gets smaller and smaller. One of my friends and I went to get rhubarb from a co-worker's patch but she didn't have much this year either. I did manage to get enough for this recipe, though. I love rhubarb..and it's awesome in this recipe! If I had more rhubarb I would definitely be making these again soon!




4 comments:

Created by Kath said...

I've been told you have to divide your rhubarb root every 3 or 4 years or it stops producing as much, my two pant are huge this year, but I will be dividing them this fall and sharing them with friends that want their own plants. I should get 6 plants from the two I have.

I'm going to try your recipe, thanks for sharing.

Stamp and Smile said...

'Tis the season for rhubarb... YUMM! Wonderful recipe card!! :)

Rebecca said...

I can't grow anything. So I've got no gardening tips ;) But I love the sound of that shortbread crust!

Joni said...

You should try adding some nutmeg and orange zest to the rhubarb! It is fabulous :) From a fellow rhubarb lover, thanks for sharing the recipe!