Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Paper Players sketch challenge



Hi everyone!

Time for another Paper Players Challenge! This time it's a sketch from Nance:


I have to laugh, because as I write this post, I see that I left the sentiment off my card! It was on a white banner by the other two banners, and must have fallen off when I took the photo's. It said,"Hello!" 

Oh well...on to the rest of the card....

I started off with MFT's Blueprints #20 to make the white background and lovely lilac and groovy gauva banners. Then I adhered two MFT pierced fancy flourishes, one in groovy gauva and one in certainly celery. The white circle was cut out with MFT's zig zag stitched circle dies. I cut out the daisy with an old SU die in some lovely lilac. In the center is a so saffron button cut out with some Poppy Stamps stitched button dies. I guess I used quite a few dies!

This was a great sketch, and one I am sure to use again.  


Come join us at The Paper Players!!

The Paper Players Design Team

12 comments:

!neke said...

Laurie, love this sketch , and what you made of it !
Hope I can join this challenge !

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, I love every detail in your card! The colors are so pretty together! The white zig zag stitched circle is just the best! The daisy die is always a winner! XX

Unknown said...

Oh I want want want this card Laurie! Such amazing die cut details! Awesome color combination. And I just die over the little yellow button die cut in the center of the flower! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Carole said...

Love this Laurie...great sketch and a fab card. I love your flower!

Karren said...

These colors are superb together, Laurie! Fabulous take on the sketch and I had to laugh at your missing banner - that's the sort of thing I do :) It's been great working with you on the team for the last six months.

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love the die cuts and layering, fantastic design! And too funny about your sentiment...I thought that I was the only one who got a card all finished up and photographed only to find one of the pieces in the pile of scraps on my desk. ;)

*Vicki* said...

A fabulous take on the sketch!! The colors you've used are gorgeous!! You've done a fabulous job putting together those MFT dies!! :)

Nance Leedy said...

OH my, I don't know where to start! I love each and every detail on your card, Laurie. The colors are gorgeous together, the scrolls are perfect and that big daisy is fabulous. It's all fabulous--even without the sentiment! Thanks for rockin' my sketch!

stampwithsandy said...

I agree with Nance, where to start?! Loads and loads of layered loveliness, also love the colors and the white space, a real beauty, Laurie!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A gorgeous card Laurie - with or without sentiment! I love those scrolls and the subtle stitched detailing on each of the layers - fabulous!

LeAnne said...

LOL....I chuckled about your missing sentiment. I can't tell you the mishaps I've had with cards lately! This is just amazing...you definitely ARE the diecut queen....these are just stunning together! And I am so thrilled to see some of these old colors together....retro at its finest!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty mix of die cuts Laurie, this is marvelous!! I really need to get that flower die, every time I see it I swoon!!