Sunday, January 17, 2016

Stampin' Up's "Cup of Cheer" for the Christmas Card Challenge


Hi everyone!

The Christmas Card Challenge has a beautiful inspiration photo this week:




I love the gold...so elegant! 




I started off with some gold foil paper and shimmery white card stock. I used my Poppystamps blooming poinsettia dies and MFT's zig zag circles.

 Everything was stamped in Delicata's Golden Glitz. I LOVE that ink, such a rich, warm color. Now that I look at the ink pad, it even says,"Rich and Radiant" in 3 different languages on the front! And...it's true! LOL

 The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's "Cup of Cheer," and the background poinsettias from Petaluma. It's an old wood stamp that I have had for years, and I bought it at a rummage sale, so it's probably REALLY old! I added a few pearls to finish the card off.

I'm really having lots of fun guest designing at CCC, I love making Christmas cards....makes me so happy! You can check out the rest of the DT's cards here, and join the fun!



Paper: gold foil, white shimmer
Ink: Delicata Golden Glitz
Stamps: Petaluma, SU cup of cheer
Dies: Poppystamps blooming Poinsettia, MFT zig zag circles
Other: SU pearls



9 comments:

Kathyk said...

I just got hold of some of that GORGEOUS ink myself, what a fab card you've made with it too

Kathyk

Carole said...

Beautiful and classy! Love it! Not sure on the sentiment though...lol....hope there are a few hundred days to go yet!! lol

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Laurie. Love the poinsettia and the stamped background.

Karen said...

I LOVE this card ~ it's so elegant, one for the mantel for sure! ~ I'm marking the poinsettia die for my wish list. your layout is so balanced with just enough gold ~ Beautiful! ~K

Susan Powell said...

WOW! Laurie, this is gorgeous!!

Sarn said...

This is so pretty and very opulent in the Delicata Gold ink.
xxx

laurie said...

You are TOO funny Carole!I hope there are a few more hundred days too! LOL

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is breath-taking!! Gorgeous card!! :)

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Laurie this card is a stunner! Love it...