Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Paper Players Color Challenge




Hi everyone!

It's my turn to host the color challenge at The Paper Players today. 

Here's what I chose:




I saw the color combo in the Stampin' Up catty. 
I probably would never choose the colors together, so I thought it would be a fun challenge. They are really pretty!

I made another square card...I'm kinda into those lately...using Talyored Expressions mini block cutting plate. The stamps are also from TE, called "Life is a Kitchen." Which I spend a lot of time in...my kitchen! (You can also check out my other blog...Cookin Up North.)

 I did add the small apron stamped under the sentiment from SCC's " From the Kitchen." A few sparkly enamel dots and the card was done!

Now I have to confess.

Take a CLOSE look at the Tangerine Tango ink and the matching (?) paper. I was wondering why the ink was so much lighter.Then I realized I grabbed the wrong paper for the frame and heart! It's actually Dusty Durango. 




LOL!

 I guess it's pretty close anyway!

We sure would love to have you join us this week...head on over to The Paper Players and play along!

Have a Happy Valentines day!


The Paper Players Design Team





Paper: SU white, pool party, Daffodil Delight, Dusty Durango
Ink: SU Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Tangerine Tango
Stamps: TE Life is a kitchen, SSC From the Kitchen
Dies: TE Life is a Kitchen, mini block cutting plate
Other: enamel dots












8 comments:

!neke said...

Stil love this !
Great colors !
The wrong paper does not show !!!

Ineke XX

LeAnne said...

Great challenge, Laurie! This is super cute...I have a lot of family members who spend time in their kitchens, I should probably invest in this stamp set myself! What a fun creation, I love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Great colors this week Laurie! And your card is fab! Love all of the kitchen goodness! Beautifully detailed!

stampwithsandy said...

Laurie, what a great color challenge and I absolutley love this card! The layout is fabulous, and all the tiny little details are so special!

Nance Leedy said...

What a fun and happy card, Laurie...I love it! The details in the dies are adorable and I love your layout. Such a great color trio and makes for a great challenge!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is so FUN! I was a little nervous about this color combo, but ended up loving it! Great challenge, My Friend! Your card is just perfect! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love this colour combo Laurie - and it works perfectly for your kitchen card! Such a great sentiment and I love the little pieces in each of the squares. As a keen cook too it definitely gets my vote! I'm off to see what you're up to on your other blog now!!!

Jaydee said...

:aurie, such a great color challenge and I am obsessed with that wonderful sentiment. I love these little scenes that you create. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee