Sunday, January 7, 2018

My Favorite Things Deer Love for the Paper Players


Hi everyone!

The Paper Players are back with our first challenge of 2018! Yay!

Sandy starts us out with a Punny Valentine:


It just so happens I have a stamp set from Taylored Expressions called, "Punny Valentine." I read over the sentiments in the set, and decided on the deer. It was a perfect match for My Favorite Things Deer Love die. I had so much fun with it for the holidays that I was happy to be able to use it for Valentines too!


It has the tiniest hearts to attach to the antlers, or to use as embellishments.


The stitched hearts are some of my fave,from Memory Box. I love the size and shape of them.



Be sure to check out the rest of the Paper Players Design Team:


I hope you will join us this week!





Supplies:

Paper: SU
Ink: SU black
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Puny Love
Dies:My Favorite Things Deer Love, Memory Box Stitched Hearts
Other:jewels

12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I adore this deer and you've used it beautifully for Valentines! So cute with the punny sentiment. My kind of card and perfect for a guy!

ElizStewart said...

I LOVE THIS DIE! I so love that you repurposed the die for Valentines...just adorable.

Kathy Krug said...

These are so cute. I love the little hearts on the antlers and the sentiment.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, how fun! I love the hearts on the antlers for the one deer. These are both awesome cards.

Anonymous said...

Laurie, I laughed out loud at your sentiment - its perfect for the challenge. I love your little deer in front of that fabulous heart, too. Great take on the challenge
hugs
jaydee

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Love these, Laurie! Great design and cute deer. The hearts on the antlers are a perfect touch. I may use your design on some Valentine cards.

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, these are fabulous! Love that beautiful dear and the sentiment! The color combo is my favorite! I hope you have a wonderful week, My Friend! XX

Jan Clothier said...

Oh Laurie, big prize for the best pun of the pack! Love these deer and the hearts that go with them. Your layout and colour choices are fabulous. Great card! Have a great week.

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, your sentiment has not one, but two puns, Laurie! I love it, such cute cards!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love it Laurie - and a great way to get extra mileage from your deer die too! The little hearts on the antlers are so sweet and your sentiment just perfect!

Nance Leedy said...

Eek, this is adorable Laurie! Love that you reused the deer for Valentines Day. The heart decorated antlers are just perfect and the colors are great. Love it all!

Annie S. said...

What a perfect sentiment for those darling deer and stretching those dies for Valentines is brilliant! Now I'm not going to put mine away! Have a great weekend, Laurie!