Sunday, September 2, 2018

Lunch Box Love Notes for The Paper Players



Today Joanne is the hostess at The Paper Players and she has a "Lunch Box Love Notes" challenge for us:

This was FUN!!! 

I don't have kids at home anymore, but this sure would have been a great idea when I did. In fact, I didn't even make cards until we were empty nesters. Maybe I wouldn't have had time either...who knows?  It was a busy time working and raising a family, but I sure do miss those days. I SHOULD have plenty of time now, but it seems I used to get more done in those days then I do now. Not sure how that happens, but it does!

I did find some time to make a set though. I used a postage stamp die for all 3, and then dug into my stash of premade cutouts. All I had to do was adhere them and add a sentiment. My kids would have LOVED to open up their lunchbox and find these inside. What a way to make some one's day special!




You can check out the rest of the team here:

I hope you will join us!

Supplies:

Paper: SU
Ink: SU black
Stamps: Elizabeth craft Cheeky Monkey,Taylored Expressions Berry Special, Taylored Expressions One In A Buzzilion
Dies: Postage Stamp dies, Impression Obsession Patchwork Whale and Berry set,Frantic Stampers Baby Monkey
Other: enamel dots

13 comments:

DIANA L. said...

wonderful CAS cards

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, these are fabulous! I love them all! Love the postage stamp die for your backgrounds, too! These will certainly make the recipient smile! I hope you have a wonderful week, My Friend! XX

Kathy Krug said...

you certainly had the right dies and sentiments for these cuties. Now you just need to find a Mom who has kids in school to give them too. Then you will have brightened their day.

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so cute and sure to bring smiles when spotted in the lunchbox.

LeAnne said...

LOL, I know what you mean about getting more done when you were busier! I think it has something to do with COMPUTERS and CELL PHONES!!! Anyway, these are cute as a button..I love that postage stamp die (well, I love all the dies) and the sentiments are adorable!

Jan Clothier said...

Laurie, you're the queen of the die cut and the pun! I so agree with you about the busy days of raising children - when you're there, you think it might never end but when it does, you miss it. I didn't make cards then either and I think it wasn't only time but money that stopped me. But we've semi-replaced kids with cards and that's got it's pleasures too! Love these little sweeties.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love all of these Laurie - bright, colourful and fun! The perfect lunchbox pick-me-up for young and old! As for getting older - I'm looking forward to a less frantic pace of life when the time comes; enjoy it!

Leslie Miller said...

What fun it would be to browse through your die collection! These are so cute! I think busy begets busy... also youth. When I had a kid at home and I was working it's amazing how much I got done. I didn't stamp when my son was young, but I sewed up a storm. Now I don't sew at all. I'm sure you'll find a mom who would love to have these for her kids. They need a home!

stampwithsandy said...

So much fun and cuteness! I know I say this all the time, but it seems as though you always have the perfect dies and sentiments for any challenge, Laurie!

Annie S. said...

Your notes are ADORABLE and sure to bring on big smiles! I'm just going to chime in with everyone and say you have the BEST dies :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Happy colors, adorable images and punny sentiments…yes, please! How could you NOT smile f you opened an envelope with one of these little cuties inside? SO cute!!

ElizStewart said...

Laurie...your cards so embrace the Love Note theme! So adorable!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I love how you created such different cards. I love them all and think the postage edge was perfect for them. I have to admit though, my favorite is the bananas one!
hugs
jaydee