Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Paper Players Sketch Challenge




Ann has a sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players:



I made 2 winter cards....using Elizabeth Craft Ski Winter die set. Winter is in full swing here, and we have tons of snow!

For both cards I used a piece of black checked patterned paper. For the first card I used the mountains as a back drop, and for the second card I used Tim Holtz tree line die. On the top card I used Elizabeth Crafts Winter Sentiments, and the bottom Penny Black Full of Merriment.


These were really fun to make! 

You can check out the rest if the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

Supplies:
Paper: SU
Ink: Momento
Stamps: Penny Black Full of Merriment, Elizabeth Crafts Winter Sentiments
Dies: Elizabeth Crafts Ski Winter set, Tim Holtz tree line die






12 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Laurie! What fun, creative cards! I LOVE how you interpreted the sketch!!! The black and white color scheme with the "pop" of red is striking! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

Leslie Miller said...

Two more cards today to make me shake my head in wonder! I love how you've embraced winter as it surely reveals itself in your neck of the woods.

Darnell said...

These are both so striking and so crisp with a capital C, Laurie! I love the designs and the color combo! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is an awesome card depicting winter fun! I really like it.

ElizStewart said...

Super cute!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this design! Classic colors that are always so striking!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is an awesome take on Ann's sketch this week Laurie - so creative! The pop of red against the black and white makes for a stylish colour combo too. A great card!

LeAnne said...

I love winter cards, especially in this color combo! It's cold here but all of our snow is gone (for now), so I will enjoy yours via your cards! SUper fun creations!

Su Mohr said...

What a great card, Laurie! This would be perfect for my son-in-law who loves to ski!

Claire Broadwater said...

Love this color combo! The red just pops off the black and white! You rocked the challenge with your take on the sketch! Have a great rest of the week, My Friend! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Black and white Buffalo Check and skiing…so much YES!! Love how you flipped the sketch!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I am obsessed with the black and white background. I love that you turned the sketch on its side and I'm also obsessed with the gorgeous font of your sentiment. Another fabulous die-forward card
hugs
jaydee