Sunday, March 3, 2019

Spring fever!


Ann Marie has a theme challenge this week at The Paper Players:




Spring!

When I think of spring I think of flowers, so I used the Memory Box Floral Stem Collage to create my card. I cut it out in pink and black. I adhered them together with the black just peeking out behind the pink. Then I adhered a piece of pink gingham paper behind that.

I added one enamel dot for the center of the flower, and the sentiment from Simon Says.

As I write this post we are under blizzard conditions and the temps are dropping. We have so much snow we don't know where to put it! So I'm anxious to see all the spring creations in the gallery this week!

You can check out the rest if the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

Supplies:
Paper: SU
Dies: Simon Says friend, memory Box Floral Stem Collage
Other: enamel dot


9 comments:

ddc designs said...

I LOVE this! I hope when the time comes and your snow melts, you're not in danger of flooding. Keep safe, warm and keep creating! :) Cheers, Dotty

Nora Noll said...

Oh how FUN!! I LOVE the gingham paper you used on this!! Such a fun card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So fantastic and I love the offset look so that a smidge of black shows. Great Spring colors and design too.

Carole said...

This is a very striking card Laurie.That pink really pops against the black. Spring is here but today the rain and winds have hit and it is cold again...doesn't sound as bad as your weather though.xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, you made this die look so cute and I love it this way! The gingham is cheery and the black makes everything else brighter. Love the "friend" die with it. Beautiful here yesterday, but freezing this morning. Clear skies always bring us crisper weather. I hope you find your way out from under the snow soon!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Well it might not be Spring outside your window Laurie, but your beautiful card is making up for it! I love the layering on this card and the bold lines - just fabulous!

Ann Schach said...

Bold and cheery, Laurie! I love how "friend" really pops right off the page. Such a great color combination!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, I love all the pink and especially the bright flower! The gingham is perfect for Spring and the black and white make the color pop! Such a fun card, My Friend! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love, love, love this Laurie! You just can’t go wrong with that happy color combo. This would be in instant day-brightener in anyone’s mailbox, for sure.