Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Paper Players Challenge




The challenge from Leanne at The Paper Players is "use plaid or checks as the main focus of your card."

How fun!

I had the perfect die for this...Altenew's Cozy Flannel Cover die.
 I cut it out twice..once in blue and then grey. I used the grey pieces and did some inlaying. I kept the bottom row open..just white... for some interest. The bow die is from Marianne Designs. I added one sparkly white enamel dot in the center.

You can check out the rest if the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

Supplies:
Paper: SU
Dies: Marianne Designs bow, Altenew cozy flannel cover plate
Other: enamel dot

7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the checked pattern achieved with that die. This is awesome. The ribbon die is perfect with it too.

LeAnne said...

Wowza, this is one big plaid for sure....amazingly bold and beautiful! LOVE the bow....a perfect complement for that blue and gray!

Leslie Miller said...

Cool cover die! Now you have a second one cut and ready, too. I absolutely love the bow die. Together they make such a cute card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is a big WOW! I can't believe you inlaid all those little pieces! A gorgeous creation and that bow is perfect! You rocked this challenge! XX

Ann Schach said...

WOW! I LOVE this die, Laurie! This card really packs a punch. You make the neatest cards!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I love that you didn't add a sentiment to this card and allowed that wonderful plaid day to take center stage. the Little bow is the perfect finishing touch.
Love it!
hope you are enjoying the snow... we had 10+ inches, sleet, rain, freezing rain, more snow, thunder, thunder snow, and more snow!
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous die Laurie - how great for creating customised plaid! This would make for some fun Christmas parcel cards too.