Sunday, May 19, 2019

The Paper Players theme challenge



I'm the hostess this week at The Paper Players and I chose a clean and simple PLANT challenge:


I went with succulents for my card... like those in the picture on the badge, but you can play along using anything to do with plants. This time of year everywhere you go, they are selling plants. I can't wait until it's warm enough to get my planters out on the deck!

 I actually just bought a few succulents for indoors, and while I was looking at them trying to decide which I wanted...my finger brushed up against one with some very fine cactus hair spines. OUCH! I thought I got them all out, but the next day my thumb was infected. I doctored it up and within a week or so it was all healed. BUT I learned my lesson, and will stay clear of them from now on..lol!

For my card I grabbed a couple of leftover paper ends laying on my desk to use for a shelf. Then I used Lil Inkers So Prickly dies to piece together some planters with various succulents inside. I adhered them onto the shelf, and then added my sentiment from Simon Says.




Supplies:
Paper: SU
Dies:Lil Inker So Prickly, Simon Says friend
Other: enamel dot



You can check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

9 comments:

Liz said...

Super card, Laurie, great die cuts. I love the CAS design. xx

Ann Schach said...

Such a colorful and cheerful card, Laurie! I love those purply-blue blossoms. I can't wait to get out and buy my planter plants! Plus, I think I would like to buy a few succulents...your card has been an inspiration!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and I love the cacti die cuts you used for your design.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Two of my favorite things, succulents and buffalo check. Such a fun card, Laurie! That big, bold sentiment is the perfect touch. Thanks for a fun challenge this week!

Leslie Miller said...

Those are the cutest dies, Laurie! I also love how you did the grounding or table top. Nice contrast and great color on this card!

Su Mohr said...

Love your prickly die cuts, Laurie. It's a great design! Sorry about the prick to your thumb!

LeAnne said...

Well, you need to stay away from real cacti and stick to these cute paper ones! They're adorable! I remember my mom always having some succulents and cacti around and I remember those little sticker things too! Ouch, hope it heals up soon!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those fun and colourful cacti Laurie - and so much less trouble than the real ones! I love the pop of purple and yellow and the modern black and white shelf. A great challenge this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a fabulous challenge idea, Laurie! I love these cacti! So sorry the real ones got you! That has happened to me before. They are hard to get out! Your card is CAS perfection! The black and white shelf makes the cacti pop off the white! Love it! XX