Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Distress Oxide Birthday Card


Hi everyone!

Ever since I bought the Tim Holtz glass media mat, I've noticed I'm using more of the products I have in my stash.
 I think I'm a lazy crafter...lol! It was always such a mess to clean up.

But with one swipe using a dust cloth, it's becomes so EZ. I also keep a bottle of hand sanitizer nearby if I make a real mess...cleans up perfectly!

I did a bit of sponging using the leaf burst stencil and Wilted Violet Oxide for my background for this card.


I also sponged some matching butterflies, and added some pearls to the centers. The sentiment is white embossed onto black with Avery Elle's So Happy stamp set.

To finish it all off, I did a bit of speckles using some white paint and a toothbrush.

Have a great day!


Supplies:
Paper: SU
Ink: Wilted violet Oxide.white embossing powder
Dies: Tutti Designs dotted nesting rectangles, butterflies
Stamps: Avery Elle So Happy
Other: Altenew Leaf Mandala stencil

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love the purples, Cathy x

Verna Angerhofer said...

The stenciled background is so gorgeous with the beautiful butterflies. Wonderful card.

Leslie Miller said...

This is so pretty with the delicate sponging through the stencil! I've been on the fence about the glass mat, but after your testimony I'm moving it up on my list. Also, good idea about the hand sanitizer!