Sunday, July 7, 2019

The Paper Players Water Sports Challenge



Today I'm the hostess at The Paper Players and I chose the theme "water sports." 
We like to spend a lot of time on the water here in Minnesota...whether its in the summer or winter...as MN is known as the land of 10,000 lakes. Hockey, fishing, snow shoeing, water skiing, tubing, boating, are some of the popular water sports....just to name a few! 


Since my kids loved tubing, I picked that for my water sport.
I used some distress inks to create my water themed background...I love how it turned out! The waves look so realistic, and I love how it shows so much movement. I added my sentiment from Whimsy Stamps, and one of the kids on a tube from Impression Obsession. I also adhered some clear drops for embelishment.



Here's a list of the supplies I used:

Paper: SU
Ink: Memento Black
Stamps:Whimsy Stamps Life's a Beach
Dies: Impression Obsession Tubers, Tutti Designs scalloped stitched rectangle
Other: clear drops

You can check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

7 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

I remember when we lived up in North Dakota for a few years and all of the fun we would have during the summer at the lakes! Minnesota surely has some beautiful locations. Although I did not partake in those winter events. Too cold for me. Haha! Such a fun card and the background really brings it to life! Makes me very nostalgic to the days of tubing on the lake with my family back home in NY. I have such fond memories of those summers!

Ann Schach said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love the sentiment, Laurie! Tubing is definitely a sport here in Iowa! What a great challenge!

Windy Ellard said...

Love the background you created for the fun image. Great card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design and that water background looks so realistic.

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, I just LOVE this silhouette on this gorgeous background! How fun is tubing!! It makes me miss living at the lake. Such a fun challenge this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That background is just fabulous Laurie - it sets your silhouette off to perfection! Tubing is such a fun sport on a hot summer's day; Ben has a friend with a private boating lake and they spend hours there in the summer months, boating and tubing - such fun!

Jaydee said...

Honestly, Laurie that background is amazing. It turned out beautifully. I love it with the silhouette image, too. It really allows the background to shine.
Hugs
Jaydee