Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sketch Challenge for the Paper Players


Today I'm the hostess at The Paper Players and I have a fun sketch for you:



For my background I used some nautical designer paper. I cut out the lighthouse with Impression Obsessions Lighthouse Circle die, and added some alcohol ink background behind for the waves.

The sea gull is from Art-C, and the sailboat is one out of a collection from Sue Wilson called Nautical Accessories. The red circle is from Memory Box Spring Tulip die. (I just cut off the tulips) I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says off to the side.




Supplies:
Paper: SU
Ink: Black Memento, Ranger Alcohol Inks
Stamps: Simon Says Spiritual Sentiments
Dies: Art C, Impression Obsession Lighthouse Circle, Su Wilson Nautical accessories,Memory Box Spring Tulip 
Other: enamel dot



You can check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

11 comments:

cheryl said...

Laurie, which instant marinator did your daughter choose? I'm looking to buy one. Thanks Cheryl

Cindy Beach said...

This is so well done! Love the crisp style, great design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful way of using that lighthouse die. I love the whole layout of this fantastic nautical design.

Carole said...

Fabulous, fabulous card...so bright but crisp..love the design and the colours you have chosen.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this awesome nautical card! This was such a great sketch to play with! Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful lighthouse card, Laurie! I love how you positioned the top of the lighthouse outside of the circle. The small anchor paper you used for the background is wonderful, as is the sentiment.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Laurie your nautical card is fabulous - I love the way the boat and lighthouse extend beyond the circle and the red, white and blue colour combo is perfect. A great sketch choice this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is a fabulous sketch! I love your nautical card! The red, white and blue makes me smile! Love the lighthouse and the fabulous die for the water. This card is just amazing! Have a great vacation! XX

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I love that wonderful DSP and the crisp white of the lighthouse pops off the background perfectly. I also love the placement of the yacht.
Fabulous card and great sketch
hugs
jaydee

Windy Ellard said...

Gorgeous nautical card..the water especially! I also love the pop of red and the pattern paper gives even more texture!

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Laurie! We've been away on a trip and I'm still trying to catch up. Love this card today. I've been on a nautical/ocean/beach kick so I find this card fantastic. Cute sailboat die and everything else. Hope I have time to play soon with some of the things I bought before we went away!