Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Paper Players sketch challenge



The challenge from Claire at The Paper Players is:




What a great idea...and a fun one too! I love making tall skinny cards.

I went with a clean and simple look and took a strip of striped paper and a penguin from Cheery Lynn to make my card. Easy peasy as I had a bunch of penguins already made in my stash. I just added some googly eyes to one and stamped the sentiment along the side from Echo Park, " Chill Out."



You can check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

Paper: SU
Ink: Black Memento
Stamps: Echo Park Celebrate Winter
Dies: Cheery Lynn
Other: Googly eyes


10 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh is this chubby little penguin ever cute, Laurie! I love how he pops on the tall and skinny layout. Such a fun card!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such an adorable and fun holiday card! Love it!

LeAnne said...

LOL, love this little googly-eyed guy! He certainly does look ready to chill!

Leslie Miller said...

What a super cute idea for a tall & skinny card! I have a tendency to try and fill up the space, but you've shown how awesome it looks all CAS. Love that plump penguin with the googly eyes!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, your little penguin is absolutely adorable! and I love that sentiment! Great take on the skech. Hope you have a wonderful week
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Laurie your cute penguin is a hoot - who can resist those googly eyes?! Love the sentiment placement too (something I often hear my kids saying to me!!)

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Laurie! This is such an adorable card. The googly eyes are so perfect. I LOVE the sentiment. This has to be one of the cutest, sweetest cards ever!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love this tall and skinny card Laurie! Such a good choice of paper for your penguin and the googly eyes are a fun touch :)

Windy Ellard said...

Love the chubby penguin and the red striped paper..so holiday!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is such a fun card! I love your cheerful little penguin and the striped panel is perfect! The sentiment is perfect, too! You certainly made my challenge shine! Have a great weekend, My Friend! XX