Sunday, March 22, 2020

Spring thankful for The Paper Players


Hello everyone!

Oh my. It's been quite the week hasn't it?

 Lots of plans changed for us, and so much uncertainty ahead for us with this virus. It's been hard. But at least Americans are getting along better and everyone is pitching in and working together to get through this. Together, we can do it!




My card  today using this Paper Players sketch, is a "thankful"card.

There are just SO many things to be thankful for, and now is a perfect time to think of all the positive things going on around us! One of the things I am thankful for is my hobby...making cards is such a great way to relieve stress and have some fun. A perfect thing to fill my time while staying home.



I used Tutti Designs Tulip Window die to make this card. I did some paper piecing and added a sentiment from Carta Bella's "Just Be You," at the bottom.


You can check out the rest of the Paper Players Design Team here:


I hope you play along!

Laurie


10 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, you are so right! We can do this! It is very difficult, but I know it will pass.
I love the way you turned the sketch to create this gorgeous card. Tulips are my favorite flower so, these certainly make me smile! Love the bright colors! The sentiment is just perfect! You certainly made my sketch shine this week! Stay well, My Friend! XX

LeAnne said...

Such pretty diecuts, Laurie! And yes, we do have lots to be thankful for! Especially your beautiful card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful. I love those awesome tulips.

Stef Perry said...

The bright colors you used for your tulips is so cheerful, it makes me happy looking at your lovely card, Laurie! Your comments are a nice reminder to remain thankful even during these hard times. Take care and stay well!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Such pretty die cut tulips and butterfly!!! Love how you worked the sketch this week!! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Rich and I just now sat down for an afternoon coffee break and I said to him "well, here we are, sheltered in our cozy home". We're very lucky. The Goldens are taking a nap, the sun peeks out now and then... all is well here. I wish I could say the same for the whole world. Your pretty card is definitely a sunny spot in my day! Those tulips are like a spring smile!

Allisa said...

Such a gorgeous spring card! Love the bright colors.

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I agree. It is wonderful to see people pull together thru this! I LOVE your card, it is a perfect spring card.
hugs
jayee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those colourful spring tulips Laurie and yes, we all have much to be thankful for! Challenging times for sure, but we will make it through! Sending you hugs x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a bright and cheery card! I love the tulips, a beautiful sign of spring!