Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Paper Players Spring Flowers Challenge



The challenge from Joanne at The Paper Players is:



Spring Flowers! 
I just can't wait for spring!!

Meanwhile until that happens, I had fun making this card with Spellbinders Sketched Blooms. I did a bit of inlaying. The sentiment is one from Frantic Stamper called Mother Love....and I do LOVE it.
\
 Especially this verse:

"If I had a flower for each time I thought of my Mother, I could walk in my garden forever."

So very true for me. I lost my mom years ago, but not a day goes by I don't think of her! She was the best mom ever, and I miss her so much.



I adhered everything to a Tutti Designs scalloped stitched rectangle, and the card was done!

You can check out the rest of the Paper Players Design Team here:


10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful card and I love the sentiment. I too, lost my Mom many years ago but I still remember her and Dad both and miss them. Gorgeous flowers and wonderful colors on your card too.

Leslie Miller said...

Those are really the cutest flowers, Laurie! I love how bright and cheery you made them and popping with the black outline against the white. I think of my Mom every day, too. She's been gone for years.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Laurie! This sentiment is wonderful! I absolutely love it...and the striking flowers. A perfect card!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

What wonderful flowers - and the sentiment is simply lovely!! Really a great card, Laurie! :)

LeAnne said...

I love these big bold flowers...and yes, I miss my mom AND dad every day too! What a sweet sentiment to remember her by!

Allisa said...

Your die cut flowers are perfect for Spring!

Stef Perry said...

I love the bright color palette you used and the die inlay of the flowers looks fabulous! What a touching sentiment, so lovely. I lost my Mom many years ago and those words really tugged at my heart. Sweet card, Laurie!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Laurie, this sentiment makes me cry. I know you miss your Mom. My Mom is in memory care now, and although she knows us, she is not here any longer. I miss her so much! This card is so beautiful I love the gorgeous inlaid flowers and the color combo! Stay well, My Friend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love those bold blooms! SO pretty!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your trio of flowers Laurie but that sentiment had me in floods of tears this week! Such wonderful words - hugs to you!