Thursday, May 14, 2020

CHRISTMAS with the KRAFTY CHICKS


Today I'm back as a Guest Designer with the Krafty Chicks
This week it's all about CHRISTMAS.


That's easy for me. 
I LOVE making Christmas cards and have quite a collection of Christmas stamps, dies and papers.



I fell in love with this background plate die from Sizzix by Tim Holtz:


I LOVE the Scandinavian look.
 I actually love to INLAY all those tiny pieces...yes I do!! It's so fun. But for this card I just cut it out in some wood grained paper and backed it onto some red.

The cute Santa is from Spellbinders and the tiny holly from my days with Cheery Lynn. I added some google eyes for fun!



I hope you get out your Christmas dies and stamps and play along at the Crafty Chicks. Perfect for knocking off another Christmas card for your stash!

Have a great day,
Laurie

7 comments:

Carole said...

Love this card Laurie..I have that background die and you have certainly used it so well on this card...with Santa in the middle. Fabulous design. xx

Leanne said...

Great card girl, I like that background and of course St. Nick is pretty cool as well. Thanks again for being with us this month. Hugs, L:)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I can see why you liked that background die. I think it is awesome too and your Santa is fantastic as well. This is a great Christmas card design.

Leslie Miller said...

CUTE! OMG, LOVE the background die! I would probably have fun inlaying all those pieces, too. Santa is adorable!

Lori Turner said...

What a cute card, Laurie! I love that background die...awesome!

Nance said...

Oh my goodness, Laurie, I love this! That background die is wonderful! I have to go look for that soon! lol. Such a fun Christmas card! Hugs!

Tangii said...

That background plate is fantastic! Very fun card, happy to have you hanging with us in the Hen house this month.