Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Paper Players sketch challenge

 


Joanne has a sketch challenge for us at The Paper Players this week:


This looks like lots of layers. It is! SEVEN!! I don't do many cards with layers,so this was indeed a challenge for me. But I learned a trick over the years...when in doubt grab some coordinating paper and go to town! So I did..lol!
I got out Carta Bella's 6 x 6 paper pad called Merry Christmas. It's got the cutest vintage paper! It all goes together, so away I went layering. I liked it so much I made TWO.
All the dies I used are from Frantic Stamper and can be found here.



 

You can check out the rest of the Paper Players Design Team here:


 








11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the cards you made.

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, that paper -- so cute!! And all the layers... that's a lot, but when you use designer paper it saves on weight. Fun sketch and totally awesome cards, Laurie!

Stef Perry said...

Both cards are an absolute delight Laurie! Love those vintage images on the patterned papers and the fun sentiments as well. A smart way to layer it up and so festive! Great job with the sketch!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, and they're BOTH adorable! I love the vintage papers you used....those are the kind I hoard and never end up using, LOL! So glad you put them to use!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, wow, Laurie! What an adorable duo of cards! These vintage style papers are right up my alley! I LOVE the pair!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, these cards are fabulous! I love this vintage paper and the way you mixed all the patterns. Great use of those fabulous papers that I always hoard! LOL! The wedding looked gorgeous and such a lovely couple!

Allisa said...

Love your cards. Your mix of pattern papers and dies is too cute!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such adorable holiday cards, Laurie! The vintage images and the mix of patterns are fantastic.

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I am in love with those fabulous papers and you showcased them beautifully! The little bow details are the perfect finishing touch, too! Fabulous use of the sketch, my friend
hugs
jaydee

Jaydee said...

Laurie, not sure which I prefer - they are both wonderful and what a fabulous set of papers. The little bows are the perfect finishing touch. I also love that you placed them on a white base. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love both of these Laurie and your choice of papers totally rocks my layers!! Fabulous!