Sunday, January 24, 2021

Paper Players sketch



Good morning everyone!

Joanne is the hostess at The Paper Players and has chosen this sketch for us to play with:


One of my goals for this year was to purge and also USE my scrap supplies. I am happy to inform you that so far I'm doing a super job at this. BUT I still have way too much...lol

 Anyway, I have really gotten into my paper. In fact I devoted one day to just using up some of those 12x12 pages that come with all the tags and card fronts. I can't seem to pass them by in a store. They are SO cute. I must have made a dozen cards and tons of tags that you will be seeing here in the future. I still have lots more of those pages but I am bound and determined to use them!

One of them I used for this card I'm sharing today. I'm having trouble adjusting to the new Picmonkey or you would see how pretty the colors on that card front are. And that heart? It's gold. Looks yellow in the photo.....lol! 
WHY oh WHY do they keep changing everything? Just when you get used to it, it's upgraded and have to learn all over again. Just learning the new blogger version again, but that is not as bad as the new pickmonkey. But after several hours using it, I do feel I'm making some progress. The photos seem some better as I tackled each one. Here in Minnesota I don't always have much sun, so a tool like Picmonkey is my friend. Well... it used to be..... the jury is still out on the new version....lol!




The skater is from Simon Says from my stash of die cuts. Actually another goal of mine is to use up all the dies cuts I have on hand. I keep them in old Stampin' Up plastic stamp boxes labeled by theme. That's where I also found the tag with the sentiment already on.
The snow stickers are some I ordered this year from Stampin' Up. I'm almost out of those! They sure came in handy for lots of Christmas and winter projects.






13 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful bright and cheery card with the rainbow of colors. I truly love that wonderful skater silhouette too. You always have such fantastic designs up your sleeve each time you get creative! I enjoy viewing them.

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is so fun and colorful! I love the background you created for this lovely ice skater. The silhouette cut is just so fabulous! I hope you have a great week!

Debbie Crowley said...

Laurie, I always enjoy your cards and this one is no exception. The colors of your background layer are perfect to highlight the skater. I especially love the scalloped sentiment banner. You do have a lot of cuteness in your stash!! By the way, Pic Monkey is my friend also!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Laurie! This adorable skater steals the show! I love the cheery paper. Such a fun card! Yep, let it snow! We have a possible 6 to 10 inches of snow predicted here in the next few days. It will be a great time to stay in and stamp!

Ida said...

Fun and Cute. - I like the cheery colors and the skater die cute is super fun. I agree about new Pic Monkey.

LeAnne said...

Love that skater...so fun! I can see how the heart is gold, too! I have been using Picasa for my photos for a long time....you might try that (it's free, too!).

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I love that wonderful pastel striped background and your silhouette is perfect against it. Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Nancy said...

Such a cute card! Love that silhouette skater. She appears to not have a care in the world. Good for you to be going through your paper and using it up. I too have way too much and vow to not buy anymore...and I am sure you know how well that is going. LOL This week I decided to repackage all of my stamps and dies! Now that I am close to halfway done, I am truly wondering what I was thinking.OMG! What a job! When I am finished with that my next crazy idea is to cut up card bases and background colors along with DSP to have on hand. Will see if that comes to be. As for PicMonkey...I use to use that program and now I use Ipccy and I feel your pain... they also just made a change. I think 2020 and the start of 2021 has been hard enough...this just is over the top inconvenient. LOL I guess we have to look at the bright side...change makes us learn new things and keeps our brains active. I think I rambled long enough. Have a great and productive week.

Amanda Mertz said...

Love that striped background; perfect colors for winter and your skater girl! Kudos for using up supplies too! And I feel you with upgrades/new versions...seems to take forever to learn the new stuff sometimes! Hope it gets better! Have a great week!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love this! Love the soft blue skater and all the other colors you combined. The snowflake stickers are a fabulous little element. Hey, at least your heart doesn't look black the way gold so often photographs. I'm always trying to use up my stuff, too. Had a bin of paper out yesterday... so many I'd forgotten about! It's a fun job. Enjoy, Laurie!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That skater silhouette is just lovely Laurie and your striped panel with the teeny snowflakes so effective! Bravo on using things up too - I had a scrap box purge at the start of the year too and it felt so good! thanks for doing such a great job with my sketch this week!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card, I really need to do the same and use up all my little bits, thanks for joining in with me over on Fezziwigs, Hazelxx

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card, Laurie! Love the bright colors in the striped background and I love the snowflake sequins. The new Picmonkey takes some getting used to, for sure. I have been running the Beta program for a couple months now and once I got used to it, I actually like it more than the original.