Sunday, October 7, 2018

Neat and Tangled Oak Leaves


Hi everyone!

Sandy is the hostess at The Paper Players this week for a theme challenge:



Trees and leaves!
A very timely theme for us up north...the leaves have been gorgeous this fall.


 I decided to use the Neat and Tangled Oak leaf die.
 I cut it out in 3 fun colors from my scrap box, and added the sentiment form Simon Says.




 The scalloped rectangle is from Wplus9 Sunshine Layers die, which I have been using ALL the time lately..I love that set!





I used my tooth brush and white paint to add a bit of speckles, then I sprayed it all with some Stampin' Up shimmer paint mist. 



You can check out the design team here:


Supplies:
Paper: SU
Ink: SU shimmer paint, white enamel paint
Dies: Simon Says Autumn Blessings, Wplus9 Sunshine Layers,Neat and Tangled Oak leaf
Other: sequins

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is super pretty! Love the bit of glittery goodness.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Laurie your layered leaf trio is so very pretty - I love the detailing of the intricate veins. A perfect fall card!

Jan Clothier said...

Fantastic dies, Laurie - those leaves are amazing. You always stage your photos so beautifully.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so gorgeous and I love the beautifully colored leaves.

Leslie Miller said...

Those oak leaves are so cool! Beautiful trio of colors and love the shimmer and speckles.

stampwithsandy said...

Laurie, I love those intricate leaves! What a great shape, love the detailed veins, and terrific color combo, too. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Laurie! I LOVE these leaves. Your clean and classy card is so cheery...and sparkly!

ElizStewart said...

Laurie...love your die cut sentiment! This card is beautiful but I really love how your combined the leaf with the embossed background on a more recent card...very effective!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, these intricate leaves are gorgeous! I love the gorgeous colors, the veins of the leaves and the fabulous sentiment! The shimmer paint mist is just perfect! Have a great weekend, My Friend! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful Laurie! I love the color combo and that shimmer paint is a wonderful touch.

Carol L said...

The leaves just shimmer with autumn beauty, and I love the colors! Great scalloped frame too :)