Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Paper Players Color Challenge





Hi everyone! Happy Sunday!

I'm the hostess at The Paper Players this week and it's a color challenge.




I'm in the Christmas mode these days...so I made a set of Christmas cards with the challenge colors. 

I used the Simon Says Corbel tree, cutting them out on scalloped stitched rectangles. I also added bows to both trees.

For the first card I used the Neat and Tangled square and chevron cover plate.




The second card I added some layers with the challenge colors:



The sentiment is from Happy Little Stampers Christmas Joy set.






Supplies:

Paper: SU
Ink: SU black
Stamps: Happy Little Stampers Christmas Joy
Dies: Simon Says Corbel tree,Neat and Tangled square and chevron plate

You can check out the design team here:


13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Two cards just as crisp and beautiful as can be. I shake my head. You always blow me away!

Kathy Krug said...

Great use of the colors, Laurie. The bows are so cute on the trees.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two awesome cards and a great way of combining the colors too.

Jan Clothier said...

What a sweet pair of cards! Thank you for such a challenging challenge, Laurie. At first, I was perplexed by them, but then came to terms with them and would be happy to use the combination again.

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! What a beautiful set of Christmas cards..they are works of art!

stampwithsandy said...

Laurie, your cards are just gorgeous. I love the beautiful die cuts and fancy bows. Great colors this week, too!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! your cards are stunning, the die cut Christmas Tree is amazing and the bows are a beautiful detail.
Can I ask you if these bows are cut with a die or with a punch?
Thank you for sharing.
XO
Maria Rodriguez.

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! Laurie these are both gorgeous! I love every detail! The die cuts are just amazing! I might have to buy these dies and CAS your cards. I am so far behind. These look so beautiful and not any coloring involved! How do you mail them with the bows? Have a great weekend, My Friend! XX

Ann Schach said...

Clean and beautiful, Laurie! This is such a striking pair of cards. I LOVE this die cut!

laurie said...

The bows are a die Maria!

ElizStewart said...

Laurie... I would so love to sit in your craft room and wander through your dies! Love all of this week's cards!!

Jaydee said...

Both cards are fabulous, Laurie. I love how you showcased the colors differently with the same cards. Those trees are stunning.
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is a gorgeous pair of cards Laurie - those diecut trees are stunning! I loved this colour combo way more than I thought I would; I'm a little late commenting (so not as organised as you in the run up to Christmas!!) but just wanted to say what a fun colour challenge this was - great job!