Sunday, August 4, 2019

Lil Inker Apple Shaker Card


The theme challenge at The Paper Players this week is "Back to School."


I just bought a bunch of school supplies to donate at my hubby's workplace. Every year they have a school supply donation box in their lounge. I got some really good deals this year! BUT....I can't believe it's already that time of year again...where has the summer gone? Sob....


I decided to make a card for a teacher, and found my Simon Says "Thank You Teacher" stamp set. I love the sentiments in this set! I cut out a stitched rectangle and stamped the sentiment off to the side. Then I made a shaker with Lil Inker's Apple shaker die. SO cute!!!I love the stitches. I also added a pencil from Cheery Lynn's School Supplies die set.


You can check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!


Supplies:
Paper: SU 
Ink: Black Memento
Stamps: SS Thankyou Teacher
Dies: Lil inker apple shaker, Cheery Lynn school supplies set
other: acetate, sprinkle and sequins

11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design for back to school.

Kathy Krug said...

This is so cute, Laurie. I love the sentiment and the little pencil.

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is a lot of fun, Laurie! I love the shaker apple and the quote is absolutely perfect to celebrate back-to-school. All of the stitched detail is wonderful, too. Love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Darn cute, Laurie, and the sentiment is fantastic! I've said it before... you always have the best sentiments. If you had a bunch of back to school cards that you didn't plan on using it would be fun to include them in the supply box at your husband's work. There are far too many things reminding me that summer is almost over. I feel like it's just begun!

LeAnne said...

This is adorable, what a great idea to make a shaker apple! Lil'Inker has the most amazing dies, don't they! Awesome card all round!

Su Mohr said...

Hi Laurie! What a fabulous, shaker apple! It must have been fun to make. And, that cute pencil adds just the right color! Nice sentiment too!

Windy Ellard said...

Perfect pairing of elements with that great sentiment! Love the shaker apple..so cool!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card is just the perfect back to school teacher card Laurie! I love the apple shaker and that sentiment is so perfect. And a cute pencil to boot!

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect teacher card, Laurie! As a teacher for 34 years, I can say without a doubt that it is a card which will be treasured by the recipient. The sentiment is absolutely wonderful. And...who doesn't love a shaker card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Thank you for donating all those school supplies! I know they are appreciated!
Your card is just fabulous! I love the shaker element and that fabulous sentiment! Your pencil is so realistic! WOW! You rocked my challenge this week! XX

Jaydee said...

Laurie, how true is that statement! I love the die-cut apple shaker element. How wonderful of you to donate all those school supplies! Absolutely fabulous card.
hugs
jaydee