Sunday, November 3, 2019

The Paper Players Theme Challenge


"Into the woods." 
That's the theme challenge at The Paper Players this week! We are supposed to use wood grain paper, texture, trees, cabins, etc.

I pulled out a piece of wood grain paper and Tim Holtz Nordic Winter die. I LOVE that background...and there are trees on it too for the challenge!

I spent ALOT of time putting together this Tim Holtz Santa..wow was that tricky. I followed a video on U tube, but it still was pretty hard. Lots of small pieces. I really like all the layers, but it's hard to see them on the photo. But believe me he's pretty detailed in person! The presents and sentiment are also Tim Holtz.



You can check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun card with Santa and his gifts. And, I like the wonderful background too.

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Laurie! That Nordic background is so unique! I LOVE it...and your cute Santa! I can see where he would take a lot of time to assemble...but he is awesome! What a great card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Awesome dies and I can see where you had a LOT of details to complete this Santa scene! Love it!

Leslie Miller said...

This is simply amazing! Front to back, head to toe, top to bottom... I love every bit of it!

Su Mohr said...

Your Santa is adorable, Laurie! And, I love the "woodsy" background!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that patterned woodsy background Laurie and your Santa is a work of art - he must have taken ages to put together! So worth it though. Fab card!

Windy Ellard said...

Love the look on Santa's face and it has such a fun background!

Claire Broadwater said...

I adore this Santa! I wanted to buy this die, but not sure I have the patience to put him together! LOL I love the Nordic Winter die, too! This is just perfect for the challenge! Big Smile! I would frame this card! XX

LeAnne said...

Oooh, I love this die too! I just CAN'T go over to TH and check it out...I will spend too much $$$ if I do! But I love your little Santa and all the other goodies on this fun card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love that background Laurie! A perfect compliment to that sneaky little Santa. Such a fun card!

BożenA said...

I also bought this great die, but the amount of all these little parts scares me. You did it very well. A wonderfully arranged card
xx