Sunday, April 12, 2020

The Paper Players Color Challenge


Happy Easter!

Jaydee has this pretty color challenge for us at The Paper Players this week:



I used some fun dies to make this card! The cute girl is from Spellbinders. I LOVE making these in various colors and patterns...it's just like playing paper dolls! I have quite a few put away for future cards. I used copics to color the body and hair.

She is holding a pot of flowers, which is from Frantic Stampers. The beautiful die in the background, also from Frantic Stampers is called, "Floral Medallion." I love how the leaves stick up for a dimensional look.

The sentiment is stamped in black at the bottom with Frantic Stampers "Scribble Flower" clear stamp set. I also added some tiny pearls and an enamel dot to the card.





You can check out the rest of the Paper Players Design Team here:


I hope you play along!

Laurie

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

She is a cutie, and you've "dressed" her in such fine spring fashion too! Great take on the challenge colors! Happy Easter!

Jeanne H said...

A really charming card. tfs

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a pretty card and I love the wonderful flower lady die.

Nora Noll said...

I am loving how you had the die cut holding the flower pot!! This is gorgeous!!

Stef Perry said...

Laurie, your card is a springtime delight with your lovely lady in gingham holding that cute flower pot! The floral medallion makes a lovely background piece. Love this!

Leslie Miller said...

I used to love playing paper dolls! It's nice how she holds the flower pot so perfectly. Very cute!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, this does remind me of paper dolls. I used to cut them out of my weekly "Bunty" every week. The yellow and blue gingham reminds me of my school uniform, too. thank you for the trip down memory lane! I love the "doily" background and her wonderful pot of yellow flowers. A fabulous way to use the colors.
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your retro lady dressed in gingham and that sentiment is one of my favourites - it always makes me smile!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is so FUN! I love all the gingham and the fabulous sentiment! This card would make anyone smile! Have a wonderful weekend! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love this fun retro image and the gingham just adds to the charm! The little pearl details are a fabulous touch.

Ann Schach said...

Is this not the cutest die cut girl ever? I love the gingham dress and apron. She definitely reminds me of paper dolls, which I loved playing with when I was a little girl. What a wonderful card!